The Last Word was founded in Stockholm in 1992 by Roger Choate, whose background as a journalist and copywriter led him to launch his own firm. Raised in Silicon Valley, Roger has the degree of MIA from Columbia University in New York. He has written extensively about Sweden in international media, including The Times (London) as their Sweden Correspondent.
Later, Language Specialist Lukas Häusler joined the firm, adding a depth of cross-cultural and linguistic expertise.
Since its inception, The Last Word has served clients such as:
- Foreign Ministry of Sweden
- Swedish Prime Minister’s Office
- SVT (Swedish Broadcasting Corporation)
- Sandberg & Co
- Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- ITT Water & Wastewater (currently Xylem Water Solutions)
- Friends of the Earth
- SIDA (Swedish International Development Authority), Clean River Ganges Campaign